24 Aug 4 Ways Being An Introvert Helps Your Coaching Business
Do you think that being an introvert is hurting your coaching business? Think again. Here is what I discovered as a fellow introvert, being an introvert can actually be a superpower in my business. And I want to share with you today the ways that being an introvert helps your coaching business.
First I want to begin by defining  what an introvert is:
An introvert is someone who gets their energy from being alone.
It does not necessarily mean someone that does not like people, is shy, or passive instead it’s about where you get your energy.
Now let’s contrast that with the definition of an extrovert:
An extrovert is someone that gets their energy when they are around people.
Here are some real life examples:
My husband is an extrovert and he could be falling asleep at home after work but if we decide to go to the party he is the life of the party and as though he had all of the energy in the world.
I on the other hand, am an introvert and I get my energy from being alone. As a mom, alone time can be few and far between. So I wake up extra early (4:30AM to be exact) every morning to recharge my batteries. Getting up early actually helps me to get energy because I can have some alone time, journal, read a book and do my own thing.
Today I want to share with you 4 ways that being an introvert can actually help you in your coaching business.
1) Introverts are excellent listeners. This means that if you are a coach this is one of your superpowers. Oh, and those sales calls that you think are easier for the extroverts, think again. To be good at sales you have to be an excellent listener which is why introverts are great at sales. Listening is one of the keys to closing a sale without being pushy.
2) Introverts are empathetic. Are you drained when you get into a room full of people for too long? As an introvert, you are likely feeling the emotions of other people in the room and therefore very empathetic. Again a great skill for coaching and also for copywriting. In order to write persuasive copy, you must get into your ideal client’s feelings and emotions. Which makes being an introvert a superpower for writing copy a skill that is critical to the success of your online coaching business.
3) As an introvert, you thrive in 1:1 and small groups. You can go deep with your clients and get to the root of whatever is going on with your clients instead of surface level conversations. This allows for a more transformative coaching experience and helping your clients to get even more amazing results.
4) You do your best thinking alone. When you sit down for content creation, you can get some killer content created and feel energized afterward. And content is crucial for getting the word out about what you do.
An introvert is naturally someone who gets their energy from being alone. Being an introvert can be perceived as a negative thing but a deeper look allows us to see that there are a lot of ways in which this trait can help your business. From being a good listener to being empathetic, thriving in 1:1 and small group settings and doing your best thinking alone.
This is one example of something that, when I started, I was afraid would hold me back in my business. But really it was just a fear that I had. Once I recognized it and saw all of the things that this trait allowed me to do, I was able to leverage it to propel my business forward. I encourage you to look at any of the things that you think might “hold you back” from creating the success you want in your business and see how they might actually be helping you.
Now I would love to hear from you, are you an introvert or extrovert? Have you noticed any benefits of either that I have not listed here? Share them with me in the comments.
- How to start an online coaching business
- The 5 Signs Your Business is On a Crash Diet and How to Avoid The Crash
- Do You Believe Business Success is Possible For You?
- 5 Mindset Practices For Business Growth
- How to Use Your Supermom Strengths for Business Success
- How to increase your confidence (and why it affects your business)
- 6 Ways to be Visible Online
Private Coaching With Mariana
Want to increase your income and impact?
Through private coaching, my clients have been able to turn a profit in their business so that they can support their families while living a life they love.